About Our Church
FBCVin is a vibrant church in an era of exciting growth and visionary leadership. Our church is a strong community pillar with partnerships with many community organizations. We are focused on preaching and teaching the Gospel and building meaningful relationship. FBCVin has recently added an expansive children’s wing as part of our commitment to the next generation. We don’t believe children and youth are the church of tomorrow – we believe they are an integral and important part of the church today.
FBCVin Kids Director serves as a member of the Ministry Staff and is under the direction and leadership of the Lead Pastor. FBCVin JustKids ministry exists to partner with parents to help kids discover and embrace a relationship with Jesus Christ for a lifetime.
Love God, Love People and Serve the World is our church’s vision! First Baptist Church of Vincennes currently has a flourishing children’s ministry in a brand new state of the art facility. Our previous children’s minister, who served our church for 14 years, is leaving our children’s ministry on good terms and in a great position for someone to advance the Kingdom of God with our children. A strong foundation of committed volunteers and staff is established to support vision and delivery of God’s word to children and families in our church and our community.
- Influencer and motivator
- Approachable and caring
- Self-motivated and hard working
- Ability to cast vision – inspiring people around the vision and strategy of JustKids Ministry
- Organized – able to work and manage your own schedule
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Passionate about unchurched kids in the city and providing an outreach to their families
- Basic understanding and implication of Social Media
- Building and Supporting Teams
- Delegating Responsibilities
- Demonstrate Initiative
- Follows Policies and Procedures
- Managing Resources
- Servant Leadership
- Leadership Development
- Integrate Technology Into Teaching
- College level ministry degree preferred, or in progress
- Committed to personal spiritual health, a strong sense of family value
- A proven track record of partnering with parents effectively to raise strong godly families
- Previous kid’s ministry experience at a medium to large church
- Leads the JustKids Ministry under the established vision, strategy and DNA of FBCVin JustKids Ministry
- Participates as part of the FBCvin Team to dream, design, and evaluate the implementation of JustKids vision, strategy and programing
- Contributes to weekly Staff Meeting
- Oversees recruiting, screening, training and development of JustKids Sunday Services, and special event volunteers and leaders for JustKids
- Active involvement in a Small Group
- Shares stories consistently with the Lead Pastor where God is at work
- Oversees the JustKids Guest Check-in and information desk with the help of the JustKids Staff
- Follows up with visiting families and all requests for information through REALM
- Oversees all areas of Sunday ministry including curriculum, programing, resources, volunteers, and coordinators
- Serves as part of a planning team for special events: Camp, VBS, Retreat, etc.
- Oversees and coordinates Justkids Staff
- Hosts Leadership Team meetings and training for JustKids Services and special event volunteers
- Follows Child Protection Program procedures and works with Safety and Security team
- Coordinates volunteer appreciation events
- Oversees budget for JustKids
- Attends Sunday gatherings on a rotating schedule
- Complete an annual development plan overseen by the Lead Pastor
- Oversees MMO programing
Job Title: Lead Teacher Summer Session
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Salary/Rate: $15 /hr
Job Type: Part-time beginning June 7 thru August 4, 2022.
Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:00am-1:00pm
Summary: Responsible for planning and implementing daily classroom activities. Creating and maintaining a Christ-like environment for the staff and children. Assuring safety of children in the classroom by performing the following duties.
- High School Diploma or GED
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Plans and prepares age appropriate daily activities for the classroom.
- Overseas and facilitates the general safety of the classroom environment and its activities to include outside play.
- Interacts with children through instructional methods to include play, music, arts, crafts, reading, and physical activities.
- Assists children in completing activities.
- Establishes and maintains a positive and Christ-like interpersonal relationship with all children, fellow staff, and parents/guardians.
- Assists children with personal care activities to include toileting, feeding, and cleanliness needs in relation, to age/stage of development.
- Performs general classroom cleaning duties as necessary.
- Attends staff meetings and training as needed.
- Assists in daily supervision of teaching assistant or volunteer.
- Maintains accurate and current attendance records in sandbox.
- Adheres to all established Church policies, procedures, and code of ethics.
- Responsible for securing staff replacement in the event of personal or assistant teacher absence.
- Responsible for reporting personal absence with a 24-hour notice. Any absence that occurs with less than 24-hour notice will require a written doctors note.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.